Saturday 7 September 2013

Ginger Shortbread


Adding ginger to my shortbread recipe seemed to be a good idea, the choice of ginger was the only question. In the end I decided the drier crystalised ginger was the best option, easier to handle and without the syrup of the jarred variety.

For this recipe you will need to add 75g of crystalised cut into small pieces to my standard recipe       click here for the recipe. Add the ginger just before adding the flours.

Instead of rolling the shortbread dough up into a log and chilling in order to make it easier to slice off individual biscuits, I rolled the dough out and cut out rounds about 6mm thick, using a 6cm cutter.
Bake the biscuits at 170C for 15 minutes, turn down the temperature to 140 and bake for a further 10 minutes, cool on a cooling rack.

The list is now 109, thanks to Sudan, welcome!


Notes;
You can always increase the ginger flavour by adding 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger to the original mix, personally I like the flavour of the shortbread to have a presence, so the crystalised ginger for me is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.