Sunday 28 April 2013

Fudge Cupcakes (naked for a reason)


When someone kindly gives me fudge, I'm afraid it goes straight into a drawer. The truth is I find it all a bit sweet and I'm not fond of the texture. The fudge I was given a few weeks ago has been staring back at me every time I opened the drawer and this morning having nothing to offer people who drop in, I decided to turn the fudge into something more acceptable.

For this recipe you will need, (12 muffin sized  7cm, or 24 small cupcake 6c)
240g of light muscovado sugar
260g of self raising flour
250g of unsalted butter
4 medium eggs
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
100g of fudge

Begin by cutting the fudge up into small dice, I find adding a 1/2 teaspoon of flour ensure the dice remain seperate. In a food processor, cream together the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time along with the vanilla extract. Finally add the flour and baking powder and pulse only until thoroughly mixed, Add the diced fudge and pulse 3 or 4 times to evenly distribute. Divide the mix between 12 cupcake moulds lined with paper cases, bake at 180C for 20 to 25 minutes.



Notes:
For some reason the cupcake has become very popular in this country, it looks very much like the innocent enough fairy cake has been pimped and now has three times the calories. Of course these things do look spectacular but the topping adds more than double the calories for almost no extra nutritional benefit. It's virtually sugar and fat. These small cakes may look a bit naked but the sweetness level I find far more acceptable.

1 comment:

  1. To ice these would be sacrilege! True soul food with a good cup of strong tea...make that 2 cups, I don't think I could eat them all with only 1 cup...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.