Monday 26 August 2013

Sodden Lemon Cake


One of the most popular recipes on my blog is the sodden orange cake ; I bought several unwaxed lemons the other day, expecting to make lots of lemonade, but somehow it just hasn't been hot enough to warrant making it. This morning needing to use up the lemons I decided a lemon version of my orange cake might work, indeed it does. The cake is very lemony, so if lemon flavour is something you enjoy I would recommend this.



I thought about what I could use in place of the cinnamon and clove in the orange version, I came up with cardamom, simply bash the pods, about a dozen of them, with any blunt instrument and add to the syrup while it simmers for 5 minutes. Strain the syrup before pouring onto the cake when it comes out of the oven, having punctured it liberally with a bamboo skewer.

To make this cake, follow the original recipe click here and substitute 4 lemons for the oranges.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.