Thursday 8 August 2013

2 Updates


I've recently posted my recipe for shortbread and another for a moist chocolate cake; here are updates for both these recipes


The Shortbread:
I mentioned in the original recipe that I do from time to time make this shortbread adding hazelnuts. Toast 150g of raw hazelnuts in a moderate oven 140C for 15 minutes. When cool rub off as much of hazelnut skins as you can, I don't spend a lot of time doing this for this recipe, I find the small flecks of skins in the finished biscuits perfectly acceptable.
Make the shortbread click here for the recipe after adding and working in the flours, add the hazelnuts, and carefully form into a log shape. The mix is quite crumbly but with a little patience it is possible. Wrap in plastic wrap, this will enable you to roll the log more easily. Place the log in the freezer for half and hour or the fridge for 2 or 3 hours before slicing up into 1 centimeter discs, bake in the oven set to 150C for 45 to 60 minutes, until the biscuits have cooked through thoroughly and have a beige colour.

Notes:
Pistachio nuts lightly toasted in the same way make a good alternative to hazelnuts.


The Moist Chocolate Cake:
In the original recipe I baked this cake in a single layer in a 26cm cake tin, I have subsequently used the same quantity to produce a double layer cake using 2, 20cm lined tins. I think the result is lighter. Click here for the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.