Friday 6 September 2013

Courgette and Camembert Soup


A dear family friend, Belen, used to make a delicious courgette soup, something I think was quite well known in Spain where she came from. Belen never did pass on her recipe but here is my offering. It's a challenge to come up with new ideas to use the many courgettes that my 2 plants are generating each day, so I was very happy to remember Belen's soup.

For this soup you will need
500g of green skinned courgettes, diced
200g of chopped leeks
2 or 3 cloves of garlic, cut in half
Up to 150g of camembert
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 litre of vegetable stock (I use Marigold Bouillon Powder)



begin by frying the leeks and the garlic gently in the olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes on a low heat. Add the courgettes and continue to fry gently for a further minute or 2, avoid getting any colour on the vegetables. Add the parsley and stock and white pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 5 minutes only, any more and the pale green of the finished soup will be lost.
Blend the soup while hot with the camembert, do this in batches unless you are confident the lid of your blender jug is secure, in order to avoid any accidents.

Notes:
This soup can be enjoyed hot or chilled.
You can add as much camembert as you fancy or even substitute other mild cheese. Adjust the seasoning. I have a sneaky feeling Belen used to use a processed cheese spread that came in triangular shapes, but we won't go into that.

2 comments:

  1. I made this recipe today - absolutely DELICIOUS, full of flavour and pretty :) Looking forward to trying more of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s so kind, thank you. I will soon have more courgettes than I can use, I will need to come back to this recipe. Thanks again for leaving a comment, Tôbi.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.